Monday, July 28, 2008

Astounding!

Once again, my surface anatomy class has enriched my life! This week we were learning about the bones, muscles, and major vessels of the head. One thing led to another, and I discovered that certain of my Esteemed Colleagues are very skilled at raising one eyebrow.

I lamented that this was a talent I had never acquired. But all hope is not lost! All these years, ever since I was a small child, I have been trying to raise one eyebrow. As I was advised today, a similar effect can be obtained by lowering both eyebrows and then releasing one to float back up again. And this is something that I can do! Hurrah!

At the moment it is a very slow and deliberate action, and I have to concentrate so hard that my face develops some kind of palsy and my eyelids flutter most bewitchingly. So it doesn't look real crash-hot, to be honest. But I'm sure with some practise I will soon be looking most intrigued - and intruiging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to your free hit counter? I was enjoying watching it ticking over.

Bring it back...

PTR said...

It's still there isn't it?? Down the bottom of the page.

How much fun is it anyway? Couldn't you get the same effect from watching a digital clock?