Monday, July 14, 2008

Hair!

Through some mysterious kind of time-travel, this morning I got my hair cut in the same barbershop as a younger version of myself, aged about 10. I could tell it was me because of the things he said.

Barber
So how long do you want it on the the sides?

Kid
Um...

Barber
Do you want me to leave you a fair bit of fringe?

Kid
Aaahm...

Barber
And what about the top, do you ever gel it up into spikes?

Kid
I've just got too much hair, it's too long. And even when I brush it, it looks stupid. So I don't brush it. I just want it to be shorter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTR,

You should have given your younger self your address for your blog - then he could have foreseen his future.

Imagine just how freaky it would be at the age of 10 to discover that (N-1) years later, you still won't know how you really want your hair cut!!

Plus - you could get your 10 year old self studying up on some of those tricky med school facts. There's nothing quite like the imperative of knowing that in just (N-1) years, you have a whole lot of difficult tricky exams to sit.

Better start boning up PTR Jr!

PTR said...

An intriguing idea, anonymous, with but a single flaw: when I was 10 there were no blogs, no internet, and precious little electrickery either.

I should have just punched his lights out to build his character a little, so I wouldn't grow up to be the kind of guy who punches out the lights of kids in barbershops.