Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thirteen

I am spying on you. So excitement!!!! Not really spying on you of course, I just stuck a page hit counter down at the bottom of this page. It counts the number of different IP addresses that access this page. 15 as of the time of writing, though two of those belong to my home computer and a computer from uni when I checked from there to see if it worked, so thirteen really.

It doesn't actually tell me what your IP address is or who you are. But I can get graphs of country of origin (hello to the solo American!), and browser being used (Firefox 3.0 in the lead, what a geeky audience I have). Oh, and of course I can see all your web searches for the past two years. Shame on you Trev! Nah, just pulling your lariat.

This probably really isn't very interesting to you, but it was fun for me to see. Funny - it just occurred to me that normally the phrase "one in a million" would mean you are very special. However, the fewer people that read this, the more unusual and special (to me) those readers are. So being one in thirteen is a much better thing than being one in a million. Stick that in your family album!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on all you MS and Linx browsers - Apple Safari browsers of the world unite!

Get your pith helmets on and start discharging your "White Mac's Burden" - bringing enlightenment (and conscious over-design) to the world of PTR.

PUSH YOUR APPLE KEY NOW!

PTR said...

bwahah - "White Mac's Burden" - hilarious!

Good luck uniting all the Safari users. According to my stats there are 4 of you.