Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meaningless nonsense

Well I wasn't expecting that. I was the only person out of twelve voters who thought that children's books should contain less political allegory. Admittedly I was mostly thinking of John Marsden's book The Rabbits when I voted, so it's probably not representative of my views in general.

Nevertheless, I can't help but wonder what kind nincompoops voted for fewer talking mice. Can you imagine a childhood without Reepicheep? No, neither can I, yet that's the kind of madness you are contemplating with your careless voting.

Explain yourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTR,

I feel that the No Political Allegory party did not present their policies well enough, and they were also the subject of a serious smear campaigner by the NMP (No monsters party). I voted for them because of their stance on teratogens.

Anonymous

PTR said...

You know, it's single issue voters like yourself who are directly responsible for the divisive nature of modern children's literature. You can't believe everything you hear about teratogens in the media these days, especially not the TV "news" channels controlled by the fairies.