Monday, November 17, 2008

Tattoos

While waiting to update my driver's license to one from South Australia (now that I've been living here for almost two years) I found myself sitting next to a sweet little old lady in the holding pen. She and I passed the time by discussing the other people who were coming into the waiting room, mostly by making catty remarks about them. For example:

[enter trollop, stage left]

Little Old Lady
Coh!

PTR
Nice shoes...

Little Old Lady
It was the diamante anklet that caught my eye.

This was a great way to pass the time. But I got a bit worried when two enormously burly tattooed gentlemen entered.

Little Old Lady
Do you have a tattoo?

PTR
Me? No.

Little Old Lady
My old dad used to say that if they was born looking like that you'd expect compensation.

I suppose it's possible that they didn't hear her since they were, ooh, about 3 feet away. Or maybe they decided that punching out a little old lady wasn't that macho. Either way, it was a great line. I can't wait until I'm old and defenceless enough to be able to insult anyone I like.

No comments: