Monday, August 17, 2009

Daisy daisy

That's one down, two to go. So - this morning's exam ... either it was surprisingly easy or I forgot to do about half of it. Hmm. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

Of course, there were things on there that I didn't know and other things that I had a decent guess at, but on the whole whoever set it was very gentle with us. Perhaps that's because last year the average mark was 43% - at least that's what I heard. I have no idea how such rumours get started, but I intend to perpetuate them.

There was certainly a lot of stuff that I busted a gut to learn that didn't turn up at all on the exam, and I am totally fine with that. I've never understood the mentality of people who bitch and moan about exams being "too easy". Don't laugh - some people do. They seem to feel they've been cheated of the opportunity to stomp their classmates into the floor.

I'm trying to work up the motivation to look at the stuff for tomorrow's exams - bones and muscles and stuff. I've already succeeded in forgetting everything I know about psychiatry and neurology, so that's a solid start.

Sitting here pretending to study while my Smaller Half cleans the house is great - until she walks past and sees the blogger logo and busts me! Whoops - gotta run!

[edit: new poll up. Choose a pet. Mais, attendez - is it mere happenstance that they are listed in the order they are? I think not! Dogs eat cats, and cats eat fish, and fish eat mice, and mice eat birds! Aha!]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need turtle on the list

PTR said...

Hmm, sounds more like you need turtle on the list.

Anyway, turtle wouldn't fit. Turtles eat cats, but the cat-eating position is already occupied by dogs.

Sorry.

PTR said...

and I'd like to preemptively point out that the macadamia is not a pet...

Anonymous said...

People tend to get quite devoted to a particular pet type. This could be your most tampered with poll to date!

Anonymous said...

If I got a new pet, I would call it Satorious McAdams

Anonymous said...

What about Leopard (or Shark) in first place on the list? Both are renowned dog eaters?

(Insert your own favourite Anh Do joke here).

PTR said...

Unfortunately it's not possible to amend the available poll choices once voting has started. Otherwise I'd be predicting Leopard to shoot to the top with a rocket!