Monday, September 21, 2009

Hamplification

PTR
What's for dinner tonight?

Smaller Half
I'll make tuna pasta.

PTR
What about that bacon in the fridge?  Maybe you should use that.

Smaller Half
You can't eat bacon again.

PTR
When do I ever eat bacon?

Smaller Half
That bean stew that you made yesterday was mostly ham.

PTR
That's ham, not bacon.  It's totally different.

Smaller Half
No it's not.

PTR
Well, I had ham stew for dinner last night, and breakfast and lunch today, so only the last three meals I've eaten were ham.

Smaller Half
And brunch yesterday, you made bacon and eggs.

PTR
Oh yeah, so the last four.

Smaller Half
And Saturday night we had the Chinese roast pork for dinner.

PTR
That's not ham, that's pork.  It's totally different.

Smaller Half
What did you have for breakfast on Saturday?

PTR
I had that Korean thing which had no pork in it.  So it's only my last five consecutive meals which were ham.  Oh wait, I had the pork buns afterwards, so that makes six.  Maybe we should have tuna pasta tonight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have all the commenters gone?

Perhaps they're all Vegans or Jewish or Muslims who can no longer bear the recurrent pig focus of recent posts?

PTR said...

It's a good question. People still seem to be voting in the most recent poll (mostly to shoot me down in flames, I might add) so your hypothesis may be correct. Perhaps a future poll will shed light on this phenomenon.

Anonymous said...

Does your smaller half find it annoying that your are typing as you speak to her?

PTR said...

That is also a good question. The answer is that I just totally make all this shit up.