Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Might and right

Just a quick note on the two most recent polls that I've run here.  When asked, "Who wins?", 8 people chose "Might" while 3 people chose "Right".  I'm tempted to start an argument about the difference between pessimism and realism ... but not tonight, Josephine.

When asked, "Who would you like to see win?", 1 person chose "Might" and 5 people chose "Right".  I'm wondering why the person who wants to see "Might" win answered that way.  Seems odd to me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

because clearly might is far more entertaining.

PTR said...

Ah, you're from the Recreational school of ethics then.

Anonymous said...

quite. Peter Singer can blow it out his arse and don't even get me started on virtue ethics. Pah!

Anonymous said...

I think it was because I misread the question

PTR said...

Please explain? What did you think the question was?