Saturday, October 3, 2009

Product placement

I'm excited! 

Today while battling through the long-weekend crowds at the supermarket I found these corn holders:




We had ones like this when I was a kid.  You jam one into each end of an ear of corn and use them hold it when it's hot and buttery.  I wasn't much of a fan of corn when I was young but I liked using these things.  See how they look like tiny ears of corn?  How awesome is that?  And you can imagine how once they are in, they kind of look like little ear-shaped ears on the ear of corn.  It's ideas like this that made China the great nation it is today.

Sadly, I didn't have any corn in the fridge to show you them in action.  But you can use them for a lot more than just corn.  You can use them for apples:



You can use them for lemons:



You can use them for carrots:



You can use them for pieces of cheese if you don't slice it too thinly:



You can even use it for sticks of celery, with or without peanut butter:



Go out and buy some now.  Your life will never be the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fellow PTR devotees,

Two ratings, but no comments?
What's our (collective) story, morning glory?

You're inspired enough to tick a box, but not to tap out a thought? I bet you wish there was a box that said "Yeah, can't really be arsed".

PTR readers - you have nothing to lose but your shames.

Tap out your thoughts. Bring us your addled, your confused, your muddled pre-digested thoughts from the very back of your mind. Share, share, share.

Please?

PTR said...

Gee, how about that? I never expected to acquire a heavy to push my readers around.

To be honest, I've been considering junking the ratings boxes anyway. Almost everybody ignores them and even if people didn't I'm still unsure of what I'd do with the information. What do you think? Are they worth it?

Anonymous said...

I imagined that the finale of the photos would be one of your own handsome head somehow sitting on that strange-patterned laminex with the corn-holders jammed into your own ears.

I imagine your face to shine with glee in this photo.

Maybe there would be just a little drizzle of blood down from one ear, but you would seem not at all perturbed by this.

PTR said...

That's what you imagined huh? Let me ask you something - do people on the television ever speak just to you?