Saturday, October 31, 2009

You're disorganized - I'm creative

Fascinatingly enough, I am taking a break from tidying my desk.  This is not as trivial as it sounds.  Currently, apart from the laptop that I am typing this on, every other surface of my desk is covered by an average of 15 cm of crap.  Not literal crap, fortunately, but metaphorical crap.  Metaphorical crap such as: 5 golf balls, a Matchbox 1969 Karmann Gia convertible, rules for World In Flames, rules for Space Hulk, 10 or so CDs ranging from Something For Kate to Willie Nelson, Yoda, two different rulers marked with ECG info, a bunch of pens that don't work but are being kept just in case they change their minds, my passport, my old passport, a stack of fuel receipts for the whole year that I keep meaning to do something scientific with, a plastic golf ball, some disposable tweezers, the notes from the six different blocks I've studied this year (all mixed in together), about 30 pieces of unopened mail (at least 10 of which are probably demands for money from outraged utility or credit companies), old shopping lists, phone rechargers, coffee cups, things I've ripped out of the newspaper for some long-forgotten reason and God knows what else.

I was tidying my desk because I was doing my tax and realized that amidst all the crap there were probably important financial documents that I needed to find.  Sadly, I haven't found them yet.

I'm really starting to wish I hadn't had three cups of coffee in an effort to snap myself out of that post-lunch slump.  I think I've been thrust well out of the slump, past energy, past euphoria, past agitation, and into the panic attack.  Clearly three cups of coffee alone shouldn't do this to me.  It's the coffee plus the tax plus the desk plus the looming realization that I really need to pull my finger out and do some preparation for my exams at some stage.

And world peace.  I'm very worried about the lack of world peace.  Why can't we all just get along?

I don't understand why my desk isn't getting any tidier - I've been typing this now for 10 minutes and nothing has changed.  If the Desk Fairy doesn't show his face soon, someone's going to get machine-gunned.  BRAAAAAKKKK!

No comments: