Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Medicine is basically pretty gross

Most of the time I consider myself really lucky that my Smaller Half is also studying medicine.  But tonight, when we had a lengthy conversation about ulcers while eating our dinner, was not one of those times.  We also got in a quick chat about various dermatological lesions.

Still, it was better than this afternoon at uni.  I had a three-hour-long block of lectures, most of which was pretty dull.  All I had to break the monotony was a clear view of the screen of an Esteemed Colleague's laptop in the row in front of me.  She spent the whole time downloading pictures of various diseases and conditions of the anus.

I've had enough education for today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The anus?? I thought they were photos of *INSERT RELEVANT POLITICIAN'S NAME HERE*

PTR said...

Christopher Pyne!

Anonymous said...

Hey Med Geeks - some technical advice please. Was Paul Keating's assessment of Peter Costello correct in a pharmacutical sense?

He described him as Thorium: A slow acting dope.

Boom TISH!

PTR said...

I hadn't heard that one before. I thought you were going to ask for pharmaceutical info on caraway seeds.

I'm unaware of any use of thorium in medicine (apart from as a nuclear fuel source). Anyone else?