Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Dress-ups

The story I told in Monday's post about the silver boot reminded me of something that happened a long time ago in a city far, far away...

I was going to a "Space"-themed party as Darth Vader.  Having almost no money, I'd constructed a pretty decent helmet out of black cardboard.  I borrowed a black shirt from a friend, and bought 3 metres of black fabric to make a cape ... and trousers!

To make the trousers, I cut out trouser shapes in the black fabric and then, lacking sewing skills, stapled the fabric to my jeans.  It looked incredibly shit but I figured people would be looking at the awesome cardboard helmet so it wouldn't really matter.

When my Smaller Half turned up I proudly showed her my costume.  She peered immediately at the strange trousers so I explained how I had made them.  She looked puzzled and said, "Why didn't you just wear your black pants?"

Good thing I was wearing the helmet so she couldn't see the look on my face.

2 comments:

jamie said...

It doesn't sound as though the force was with you.

PTR said...

No, the force was weak in this one.