Monday, February 1, 2010

You're always a day away

Third year is great, but I'm having a few time management issues.  I sit all day consulting with my GP supervisor, which is usually interesting, sometimes bizarre, and always educational.  By the time I get home I'm pretty zonked from the mental effort of pretending to not have forgotten everything I learned for the past two years (hot tip: say "oh yeah, that's what I meant to say!" - it's incredibly convincing).

So I sit down with my Smaller Half and we compare our days, have a cup of tea, eat some banana bread, decide that the gym really isn't going to work for us today, eat some more banana bread, go for a walk to assuage the guilt, run into some friends, stand there chatting for a while, walk home, start to tee up dinner, read various blogs and news online, eat dinner, watch some West Wing on DVD, clear up from dinner, write some stuff on my own blog (you're reading it, Einstein), then all of a sudden it's time for bed where I am only making slow progress through my recreational reading.

And I haven't had time to do any of my PBL work, nor look up any of the four thousand things I wrote in my notebook during the day so I could look them up later on.

Tomorrow!

(Edit: I'm guessing that most of you have the same problem, given my recent poll in which 93% of you agreed that you have no idea what you're doing on a daily basis.)

No comments: