Saturday, June 26, 2010

Somebody should really do this

I was watching some of the goal celebrations at the World Cup and I was struck by inspiration!  I reckon it would be awesome to be able to slide across the ground in that Superman pose, except rather than having to score a goal at the World Cup, why not simply do a medical degree?

Yes, I propose that someone in my class should do this at our graduation ceremony in 18 months time.  If you rigged up a couple of old-school roller-skates at waist level, under your academic gown, after you are presented with your degree you could sweep your gown open, launch yourself horizontally and go zinging right across the stage, no doubt to the thunderous applause of your Esteemed Colleagues.

You would then go crashing off the stage and plummet to the ground below, but hey - with 130-odd new doctors in the room to help you, it's a price worth paying.

No comments: