Thursday, July 15, 2010

Friands

Last week in conversation with my Esteemed Colleagues I was boasting proudly of my friand recipe and how it is idiot-proof (I've mentioned it before on these pages).  Well sadly, yesterday I was the idiot and the recipe was not proof against me.

I was going to make it for our group study day, as I was rostered on to provide Baked Grain Products, but in the evening I discovered that two of the eggs that I was going to use had found their way into the char kway teow we'd had for dinner, so I wouldn't be able to make the friands after all.  I was happy because of the char kway teow but also sad because of the friands.  How's that for complex emotions?  And people say I'm insensitive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which people say you're insensitive?

PTR said...

Bastards like you. Sob!