Monday, July 12, 2010

Nine things which have adversely affected my studies

  1. The World Cup.  Not only is my lack of sleep having an impact on my beauty - it has also adversely affected my studies.
  2. The Secret Cat.  I've had to attend several veterinary appointments this year with the Secret Cat and unfortunately the vet knows that I'm a medical student and hence uses all sorts of complicated jargon that I don't understand.  The anxiety is adversely affecting my studies.
  3. The weather.  It's been a bit chilly recently and my hands get pretty cold on the steering wheel in the morning, which may be adversely affecting my studies.
  4. My computer.  It's five years old now which clearly has been adversely affecting my studies.
  5. The ancient Romans.  There's far too much Latin in medicine.  I think that if it was all in plain English it wouldn't have such an adverse effect on my studies.
  6. Aaron Sorkin.  Wasting my life watching re-runs of The West Wing is having an adverse effect on my studies.
  7. Pyromania.  Having a wood heater means that I've been spending a lot of time rubbing my hands together with glee and laughing like a maniac which has had an adverse effect on my studies.
  8. Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson's The Girl Is Mine.  I'm a lover not a fighter, and it's having an adverse effect on my studies.
  9. This blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is having adverse affects on all of our studies. The west wing is less of a problem.

PTR said...

Perhaps if I can get enough of my Esteemed Colleagues to waste their time by reading this blog, I can drag the average mark down to a point where it masks my adversely affected studies.