Monday, January 17, 2011

Slow learner or slow teacher?

Deranged Old Lady
Ooh, what a gorgeous baby!  How old is she?

PTR
Almost 7 weeks.

Deranged Old Lady
She's beautiful!  I was a midwife for 27 years at the old hospital over there so I've seen plenty of little ones like this.  I'll give you some advice.

PTR
I love advice.

Deranged Old Lady
If you stuff some stockings and pop them under her legs, it'll stop her wriggling down under the blankets in her cot.

PTR
That's a good idea.

Deranged Old Lady
Yes, it stops them wriggling down under the blankets.

PTR
I see.

Deranged Old Lady
Yes, if you stuff some old stockings and pop it under their legs, it stops them wriggling down under the blankets.  I did it with my children and they've done it with theirs.  It stops them wriggling down under the blankets.  You just stuff some old stockings and pop it under their legs.

PTR
Yes, I think I understand.

Deranged Old Lady
If you stuff some old stockings and put it under their legs, it stops them wriggling down under the blankets.

PTR
Excuse me, I have to call the police.

No comments: