Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Physiological

The anaesthetist that I was hanging around with last week was fond of using the word "physiological" to indicate approval, in the sense that the thing being approved was in some sense gentle on the patient.  For example, when we were discussing intravenous fluids, she said that she liked Hartmann's because it was "more physiological".  Later on when the patient's hand had to be immobilised and the theatre nurse popped a roll of Softban bandage into the palm before wrapping the hand up, she noted that the curvature of the wrist was "very nice and physiological".

I think that I'll start using the word "physiological" in the sense of general approval:
  • "I like your new skirt, it's very physiological."
  • "Stephen Fry's quiz show is so physiological."
  • "Dude, you were ripping those breaks out there today, that new twinfin is physiological."
My prediction is that this is really going to catch on and be the next big net meme.

4 comments:

jamie said...

I find your blog to be very physiological.

Anonymous said...

I always thought that if something was physiological then it was a concept that only physiotherapists understood.

PTR said...

One of those comments was much more physiological than the other.

Anonymous said...

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.

I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!


My web site; novoline jokers wild